VoIP phone systems have been incredibly popular recently, and if you are involved in a business that values communication, you have most likely heard of it before. By now, many business owners know that if you want a convenient, easy-to-use communication system, voice over internet protocol phones are the way to go.
But there are still plenty of other interesting facts about this technology that you might not yet know about. For example, did you know that this kind of communication isn’t as new as you might think?
Keep on reading to learn more surprising facts about this kind of technology that most people don’t know about.
Interesting Things About Voice Over Internet Protocol Technology That You Might Not Know About
Understanding VoIP’s fascinating details can help you make your decision on whether or not you want to switch to this kind of phone system. Reading more and researching your new system will help you understand just how unique this technology is.
A few little-known facts about voice over internet protocol are:
1. This Technology Has Been Around For Longer Than You Might Realise. Did you know that the very first voice over internet protocol call was made all the way back in 1974? Of course, the technology back then wasn’t nearly as refined as it is today. However, the concept of internet phone calls has been around for a long time.
As people learned newer and better ways to improve their technology, VoIP phone systems have only gotten better.
2. It Can Be Used To Send Automated Messages And Calls. Some providers offer services that allow you to set up an automated call system that sends out messages or calls to specific people.
3. Once It Started To Become More Well Known, Its Popularity Skyrocketed. In the past, it was normal for everyone to use landline phones. But, as people discovered how useful voice over internet protocol technology is, its popularity blew up. This is because this kind of phone system makes it easy for people to stay connected with one another, no matter where they are. So, it’s just as helpful for civilians casually chatting with friends as it is for smart business owners.
4. There’s Still Some Stigma Around VoIP Systems, But It’s Mostly Based On Misinformation. You might hear from some people that this technology is unreliable, has bad call quality or is too troublesome to be worth it, but all of this is based on misinformation and untrue thoughts.
In order to set your company up with a new phone system that’s reliable and provides you with excellent call quality at an affordable price, you should always go through a respectable service provider. A good provider will do their best to give you a package that satisfies your needs.
5. Call Quality Has Continuously Improved Over The Years And Is Currently Fantastic. As you would expect, the technology itself wasn’t perfect when it was first created years ago. But, as the services have improved over the years, the call quality has also gotten better. Nowadays, you can enjoy VoIP phone calls that have crystal-clear phone quality.
For best results, you should make sure to work with a great service provider and connect to a steady internet connection.
6. When You Use This Kind Of Phone System, A Local Call And An International Call Are Basically The Same. People used to be wary of making long-distance calls because they would cost more on landline phones. However, with this type of phone system, a local call and an international call will typically cost the same.
This pricing is due to the fact that when you connect to someone over the internet, it doesn’t matter if they’re across the room or across the globe.
Common Questions That People Have About Voice Over Internet Protocol Phone Systems
A few common questions that you might have about this type of phone system are:
- Where Can I Learn More? You can easily learn more about VoIP services by checking out this convenient FAQ page.
- Will It Fit My Business? Yes! Any company of any size can utilise these services.
- Can I Afford It? Most companies can afford these services because they are generally very affordable.
Speak To Aatrox Communications For Some Of The Best Voice Over Internet Protocol Services In Australia
Are you looking to get this interesting and useful technology for your company? If so, come talk to us at Aatrox Communications. We are one of Australia’s best VoIP providers, and we would love to see what we can do for you.
Our packages are affordable, and you should have a very easy time finding a deal that works for you. If you would like some assistance with choosing the perfect plan for you, or if you have any questions about our services, you can call 03 8397 2990.
Trust Aatrox Communications for all of your voice over internet protocol needs in Australia.