Adding a Inbound CID Rule in 3CX
How to add a Inbound Rule (CID Rule) in the 3CX Management Console
For each trunk, port or PSTN gateway, 3CX can route calls depending on the incoming Caller ID (CID)
This can be helpful If you have VIP customers and want to know when they are calling in.
A. First login to your 3CX Phone System Management Console and enter required information.
B. On the 3CX Phone System Management Console.
1. Click Inbound Rules
2. On inbound Rules group. Click Add CID Rule.
For General Group:
3. Enter the Name for the Rule.
4. Enter the Caller ID for the Rule.
5. Select SIP Trunk to Link the Rule
Routing calls to Groups:
6. Select from the Drop list for your desired Destination of Call during Office hours.
7. Select/Enter needed information.
8. Select from the Drop list for your desired Destination of Call outside Office hours.
9. Select/Enter needed information.
10. Click OK to apply Changes.
C. Exit from 3CX Phone System Management Console.
For information on how to link to a DID rule please see information here
For 3CX Manual on how to create inbound rules please click here